Information for Registration
2018-2019 SPRING TERM
- For the 2018-2019 spring term registration procedures please visit the Office of Student Affairs' Web site: http://www.oid.hacettepe.edu.tr
- New students to register with the department for the first time must complete their registration procedures together with their academic advisors. Students must have their portrait photos with them beforehand. The list of academic advisors is at the bottom / on the side of this page.
- There have been some changes in the Hacettepe University's Undergraduate Directives as of this year: Students in their 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th semesters can register maximum of 30 ECTS credits.
- There will be no quota extension in the courses that have two or more lecturers before all sections become full.
- First, second and third grade laboratories have 8 sections (21-28), whereas fourth grade laboratories have 5 sections (21-25). If you cannot register to a section due to full-quota try other sections. The section number you select does not matter as the laboratory hours will be announced later by the laboratory assistants.
- Please pay attention in your registrations to keep course + laboratory consistency.
- Each internship practice of 15 days will be coded either as ELE 389 and ELE 390 in accordance with the present term. However, any of these courses must not be registered unless the student performed the internship (at least 15 days) and wrote the report since these courses have credits and will be graded as any other course. For instance, you must register the internship course in the fall semester of your junior year if you completed your internship during the summer between your sophomore and junior years. Or if you completed your internship during the summer after your junior year, you must register the course at the beginning of the fall term of your senior (fourth) year. Those students who perform their internship during semester break may register ELE 389 or ELE 390 at the beginning of following spring term.
- For those students whose entrance year is 2015 and later, the "HAS222 & HAS223 - Occupational Health and Safety I/II" courses are compulsory.
- The section codes for ELE 389 and ELE 390 are both 1.
- AIT 204 - Ataturk's Principles & History of His Reforms II sections: International students should code section 81, and students of Turkish nationality should code sections 71 or 171 for this course. The course hours for international students are scheduled between 13:00 and 14:50 on Thursdays.
- TKD 104 - Turkish Language II course is given online only from http://blackboard.hacettepe.edu.tr .
- In order to graduate, senior (fourth grade) students must take at least 28 local credits and 54 ECTS credits(excluding ELE 401 and ELE 402) taking course + laboratory consistencies into account.
- For ELE 401 / ELE 402 - Senior Design Project's section codes: Please find and use the section code corresponding to your project supervisor based on the document "Section Codes for ELE 401 - 402 Graduation Project" (link on the side / below).
- Prerequisite system for some undergraduate courses came into operation starting from 2016-2017 academic year. Prerequisite system dictates that a course cannot be registered during the enrollment before its prerequiste course(s) are taken and succeeded (please see the table of prerequisite courses on the Tables of Prerequisite and Concurrent Courses page).
- There had been some changes in the academic program of the department in past years. An equivalence table showing removed/added courses is given on the side / below. Please contact your academic advisor for further details and questions.
There might be a possibility of some minor changes to be made in the documents. We recommend you to check the documents frequently.