Information for Registration
- For the 2016-2017 fall term registration procedures please visit the Office of Student Affairs' Web site: http://www.oid.hacettepe.edu.tr
- There have been some changes in the academic program of the department as of 2017-2018 academic year. We suggest you to examine the new program on our website before starting your registration process. An equivalence table showing removed/added courses is given aside / below. Please contact your academic advisor for further details and questions.
- For the new students (entrance year 2017): See Dr. Hüseyin Demircioğlu if your student id number ends with 1, 2 or 3, see Dr. Gökcen Dincer, if your student id number ends with 4, 5 or 6, see Dr. Şölen Kumbay Yıldız, if your student id number ends with 7, 8 or 9. Those advisors will give the necessary information. You must have a photo with you beforehand.
- The students who have registered to the university for the first time must take "UNI101 Introduction to University Life" course. For details please click HERE (in Turkish only)
- There will be no quota extension in the courses that have two or more lecturers before all sections become full.
- First, second and third grade laboratories have 8 sections (21-28), whereas fourth grade laboratories have 5 sections (21-25). If you cannot register to a section due to full-quota try other sections. The section number you select does not matter as the laboratory hours will be announced later by the laboratory assistants.
- Please pay attention in your registrations to keep course + laboratory consistency (please see the table of concurrent courses on the Tables of Prerequisite and Concurrent Courses page).
- Prerequisite system for some undergraduate courses comes into operation starting from 2016-2017 academic year. Prerequisite system dictates that a course cannot be registered during the enrollment before its prerequiste course(s) are taken and succeeded. (please see the table of prerequisite courses on the Tables of Prerequisite and Concurrent Courses page).
- Each internship practice of 15 days will be coded either as ELE 389 and ELE 390 in accordance with the present term. However, any of these courses must not be registered unless the student performed the internship (at least 15 days) and wrote the report since these courses have credits and will be graded as any other course. For instance, you must register the internship course in the fall semester of your junior year if you completed your internship during the summer between your sophomore and junior years. Or if you completed your internship during the summer after your junior year, you must register the course at the beginning of the fall term of your senior (fourth) year. Those students who perform their internship during semester break may register the course ELE 389 or ELE 390 at the beginning of following spring term.
- For those students whose entrance year is 2015 and later, the "HAS222 & HAS223 - Occupational Health and Safety I/II" courses are compulsory. So, these students who never registered to or failed "ELE391 and/or ELE392 - Summer Practice I/II" courses previously must take the courses ELE389 and/or ELE390, new equivalents of Summer Practice I/II.
- For those students whose entrance year is 2014 and before, the "HAS222 & HAS223 - Occupational Health and Safety I/II" courses are NOT compulsory. So, these students who never registered to or failed "ELE391 and/or ELE392 - Summer Practice I/II" courses previously must take the courses ELE389 and/or ELE390, new equivalents of Summer Practice I/II. Since the new equivalents of summer practice courses have less credits than the ceased ones, the lacking credits needed for graduation must be compansated by taking other elective courses.
- The section codes of ELE 389 and ELE 390 courses are 1 and 21 respectively.
- AIT 203 - Ataturk's Principles & History of His Reforms I sections: International students should code section 81, and students of Turkish nationality should code sections 71/1 or 71/2 for this course.
- TKD 103 - Turkish Language I course is given online only from http://blackboard.hacettepe.edu.tr.
- BEB 650 - Usage of Basic Information and Communication Technologies sections: International students should code section 09, and students of Turkish nationality should code section 05 for this course.
- In order to graduate, the senior (fourth grade) students must take a total of 28 local credits (excluding ELE 401 and ELE 402) taking course + laboratory consistencies into account.
- For ELE 401 / ELE 402 - Senior Design Project's section codes: Please find and use the section code corresponding to your project supervisor based on the document "Section Codes for ELE 401 - 402 Graduation Project" (link below / right side).
- There had been some changes in the academic program of the department as of 2013-2014 academic year. An equivalence table showing removed/added courses is given below / right side. Please contact your academic advisor for further details and questions.
There might be a possibility of some minor changes to be made in the documents. We recommend you to check the documents frequently.