Program Educational Objectives & Student Outcomes
Program Educational Objectives
The purpose of the undergraduate program of the department is to contribute to accumulation of scientific and technological knowledge in various fields of electrical and electronics engineering, to train highly qualified engineers equipped with state of the art knowledge and analytical thinking and problem solving skills, and to support the country's technological progress by collaborating with industrial partners.
Within a few years of graduation, the graduates of the undergraduate
program of the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering,
Hacettepe University are expected to
- Play leading roles in the design of contemporary electrical and electronics systems, and be highly preferred by various industrial organizations in the country.
- Carry out electrical and electronics engineering and interdisciplinary work as a team member or a leader.
- Perform cutting edge academic and technological research and development.
- Work for the benefit of the country with due respect to universal values.
- Expand their knowledge and capabilities through continuing education and exercise life-long learning.
The department has adopted the following ABET student outcomes:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice